Sunday, March 18, 2012

stout hearted

I'm a fan of dark beers.  I love a good porter or stout, anytime.  They have more character for me than most light beers, and drinking them is more of an experience than just an action mandated by biological impulse.

Here's the latest of my stouts, Hop Back Brewery Entire Stout.  It's a good, dark brown when poured, with a creamy head that sits lightly on top.  The bottle advertises chocolate and coffee flavors, and both come out if you pay attention, but I noticed the aroma of chocolate more.  It's a dark chocolate smell too, earthy, mouth-filling.  The coffee seems to come out more in the aftertaste.  The brew is smooth going down, could be good with sweeter foods.  The label insists it's good with "most".
The Greenman wants you to know the star over the "i" is really there, it's not an effect of the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment