Saturday, June 25, 2022

no negative

Under cover of darkness, a stout to feed my cravings!  Marzipan is another thing I enjoy, at least when it's good marzipan, so even though it's not a pastry or dessert stout in name, I think Black Marzipan will give me an evening of pleasant drinking.  It's a Baltic beer, from the Latvian Hopalaa, so I have high expectations.  The only thing I wonder about is the thickness and syrupiness of it, being such a heavily malted beer AND with the addition of marzipan somehow.  Worth a shot, I say!

The aroma of plum fudge races out, although it doesn't stick around for long.  Not exceptionally bubbly, the beer has a thick and almost oily look to it.  There's an immediate chocolate taste, nice dark chocolate, not too sweet.  This is followed by notes of vanilla and fruit, prune or raisin perhaps.  To finish off, the drink goes down the throat in a puff of smoke.  It's a fairly desserty beer, although it's not too heavy on the sweetness.  It does have a pretty heavy feel to it, even if it goes down smoothly.  A fun stout, maybe one that most would find too much in a whole pint, but definitely enjoyable.
Suppler: Más Que Cervezas

Price: €6.35

No comments:

Post a Comment