Saturday, June 19, 2021

remember the empire

Still preparing for another quick round of beer culture, although it will be a different area.  Probably even less complete too.  I need something for today though, so I popped down to Birra y Paz for something nice.  Oh man, there were too many nice things to choose from.  In the end, I couldn't resist black beer and chocolate, so I came away with Náhuatl Xocolatl Porter.

It's not super dark, but definitely dark chocolate.  The head ends up being a thin cap on top, resistant.  I get a good whiff of chocolate aroma.  It's similar to a lot of chocolate stouts and porters I've experienced.  There's an oddly powdery feel to the beer, and it ends with a slightly salty tang that I wasn't expecting.  Overall, though, it's like a spiked hot chocolate, except, you know, cold.  It has a sweetness to it, but it's certainly not excessively sweet.  It's very smooth at first, before the finishing tang kicks in, giving the beer that dairy drink feel.  There is oats in the ingredient list, so that might be what's smoothing it out.  This is definitely a beer that you could have year-round, although for most it might be nicer with temperatures under 80.

Supplier: Birra y Paz

Price: €2.80

No comments:

Post a Comment