Saturday, November 23, 2019

no 8 ball?

So I guess the whole weekend is going to be chilly and rainy, with some blustery winds blowing about.  Hell, that's fine with me!  All the better for sitting down with a nice stout.  Billiard Imperial Coffee Oatmeal Stout was noticeable in a sea of color for its somewhat stark label.  The two dimensional black and white is probably what a lot of people are feeling these days, but I'm just looking forward to my stout.
Like she doesn't even realize what she's pouring the coffee into...
It has a somewhat penetrating smell, on the heavy sweet side of the stouts.  It's pretty close to pure black, just a tiny bit of light around the bottom.  Nice, mousse-y looking head too.  If I get my nose right over it, I am pretty sure I smell more of a raisin aroma than the more common honey or sugary sweetness.  The taste is an interesting blend of flavors coming and going, starting out mildly sweet but escalating into a coffee-like bitter.  Then some fruitiness comes out to finish off the swallow.  The aftertaste is sort of...grapey.  It's a smooth beer, but the bitterness adds some bristle to it, so it's not one that would slide down before you knew it.

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas
Price: €4.26

No comments:

Post a Comment