Friday, January 4, 2019

hotter than summer sidewalks

On the eleventh day of Beermas I picked out for me
A musical magic elf
A lone surfer leaping
A fruit-filled dressed-up lady
Alcoholic café con leche
Hopefully unendangered feathers
A laid out insomniac
One secret promise
A possibly chatty barnyard animal
A random French reference
A bird that's not a pigeon
And a flamingo with mangoes and beets

So this beer was actually a gift, and it's been sitting in my refrigerator for a couple of months waiting for the right time.  I think I can angle it in now.  It's a Colombian beer, so something a little spicy, maybe?  Dare I say, piping hot?  OK, sorry.  Still, it looks like a good IPA, so one of the nice lighter beers, even if my yearning for stouts hasn't been satisfied.  That little elf on the label also looks like a being that would own some pipes, a Pan sort of critter.  See?  Works out with the song!
It's quite a dark color, a little coppery, but not much of a surprise for an IPA.  Awfully fluffy head.  Good aroma, a little on the sweet side, but with that typical citrus part.  Really bitter flavor, though, not what you expect from the scent.  Stimulating and keen, just enough bitterness to make it feel adult, and not a hint of sweetness.  If anything, there's a touch of sour towards the end.  Not much aftertaste, it's pretty clean going down.  Worth waiting for as the next-to-last I think.  Hopefully the last day of Beermas will go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment