Saturday, September 30, 2017

wanted things

So it's back to the bottle at home after Oktoberfest, which is OK.  I'm not an especially social person.  I am a black beer person, however, and Desiderata might be just the thing I'm looking for.  It calls itself a "robust porter", an attempt to blend that typical sharp flavor with the creaminess of a stout.  It's also coffee and chocolate, so what can go wrong?
A locked room of chocolate?
The smell of chocolate stout rushes out of the bottle, maybe a little too fast for the head.  It dissipates rather quickly.  Rich brown in color, but slightly translucent, the beer holds a little tighter to the porter in taste.  It's not exactly sweet, but there's no stout smokiness, and I can't even rightly say it's bitter at all.  I find it a little fizzier than necessary, with the bubbles being a bit distracting in the mouth, although the beer is light and easy overall.  I don't think it's as heavy on the coffee as those that lean more towards pure stout, it's more like coffee cream or coffee candy than a hearty kick-in-the-teeth bitter espresso.  Although I would like a heavier beer, and a smoother one, the fizz does keep the light beer interesting.
Drink placidly and find happiness

Supplier: Birra y Paz
Price: €2.75

No comments:

Post a Comment