Saturday, May 2, 2015

don't hog it

The art comic label can't help but draw the eye, and I couldn't help but pick up the bottle.  Monsieur Gordo purports to have just what I'm looking for, since I'm in the mood for a good dark beer, with just a touch of sweet.  The label gives interesting suggestions, like consuming within the next 30 years, unless it's worth more than you paid for it, in which case you should sell this bottle right now.
Also, don't consume with fast food
Are those...sentient triangles at the bottom?
It seems thicker than even a normal stout while pouring into the glass.  Also, the head is light but fizzy.  There's a little fruity sweetness in the air around it.  It's just barely dark brown instead of black, but that's good enough for me.  The beer is thick and smooth in the mouth, the texture being more noticeable to me than the flavor at first, but the mild sweetness does surface pretty quickly.  It's not an identifiable flavor to me, not like apple or honey that I've found in other beers, but tasty of course.  It might be a little heavy for the temperatures of the moment, although I personally would have stout anytime anywhere.  It does get a little sticky towards the end, but that's to be expected.  It remains tasty to the end, more sweet than stouty bitter, a nice dessert in a glass.






Supplier: La Birratorium
Price: €3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment