Saturday, August 9, 2014

a taste of honey

Friends and relatives occasionally have messages and opinions about mead, and while this isn't exactly the same thing, it's enough for the very tiny bit of remotely possible viking I could possibly have in my genetic background.
I thought it was a man with a mask at first
The beer has just a touch of honey in the aroma and in the color.  It looks like many craft beers, with a cloudy, unscrubbed look, but the color is even and appetizing.  The head is white and fluffy but not overabundant.  The taste is also sweet and honeyed, but with an undercurrent of bitter.  It does get a little stickier over time, but it's never overpowering.  I don't think it's a good beer for snacks, especially ones that have a strong taste of their own.  Perhaps some very mild cheese would work.
Ain't I sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment