Saturday, February 8, 2014

heart of stoutness

I like stouts anyway, but I do notice that the beer shop people always compliment my choice when I pick one up.  This one from Denmark looks devilishly good - Nekron.
It pours out like chocolate syrup and leaves a thin, tan head on top.  It's a lovely opaque beer, with hardly any highlights at all. 
 It smells a little like chocolate syrup too, and the first taste to march over the tongue is also bittersweet and chocolatey, but within seconds darker, more bitter flavors come out.  The label suggests toasted rye bread, and there is something of that to it.  The chocolate part has the most staying power, it seems to me, so as the beer goes down it gets more and more like a dessert itself.
   
In English, of course

You clever devil, you

No comments:

Post a Comment