Sunday, December 25, 2016

Beermas Day 1

On the first day of Beermas I poured out for me
A pear cider fresh off the tree
Oh, the first day and I'm already cheating!  Cider is not beer!  It's in the same family, though, and damned if I can find a beer that has anything to do with partridges.  Bulmers is a fairly common cider producer, to be found in bars and larger supermarkets, but I needed something with pears.  Lindemann has peaches and pineapples, of all things, but no pear lambic.  Not in the stores I frequent at least.  Still, I'm not dissatisfied with a pear cider, even if it feels like a more summery drink than is probably warranted at the moment.
It has a dry and slightly sharp scent, kind of like a Spanish cider.  It's sweet at first, though, not dry or champagne-like, but a little sour does creep out just before the drink goes down.  It's not as sweet as regular apple cider, and not as cloying as they can be, but it is a fresh and clean taste.  Probably would be better if I had been running around shopping today, but hah!  Santa's already come.  I guess considering where I am, I should be preparing for the Magi too.

Supplier: Más que Cervezas
Price: €2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment